Sunday, January 25, 2009

Looky what I made

I bought this beautiful bead for my daughter from a dear friend, Pam Brisse, otherwise known as TheBlueBetween on wet canvas and etsy. Her work is amazing, and I knew Tess would love this bead made into a pendant. I didn't know at the time I ordered the bead she would include the heart shaped tie-dye one, too. I love tie-dye. I have at least a half dozen tie-dyed shirts and somewhere I have a tie-dyed jumper, too. I have always loved it, but the brilliant colors you can find nowadays really kick started my obsession with it all over again. (dont forget you can click on the photos and see them bigger) I even bought a tie-dye kit and some white t-shirts. Just haven't dared try it yet. Must get back to bead making later, and see what I can do with my new press. It is a small one in a diamond shape, maybe I can even make a bead with it. I also want to try some different frit combinations, and a couple of simple things in clear glass with frit. I am hoping to get started on my "Dead of Winter" exchange beads. I will let you know what I come up with. You never know what will work out best until you try a few different combinations. Of course I want mine to be "different" and me. I have no idea what that means, but I will if I figure it out!!!

I totally forgot to mention going to a concert Friday night with my cousins Nick and Marty. We saw Creedence Clearwater Revisited, they totally rock!!! Wow, was it ever fun. Of course it didn't hurt we had gone to the seafood buffet first. Great food, great music, and great company. How can you miss!!

3 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Rita, your beads just keep getting better and better. I love the pendant, too!

Deronda designs... said...

What beautiful creations you made with her beads. I love them.

Paula said...

Rita you did a great job they are beautiful.