Saturday, December 20, 2008

A new creation

Just in time for Christmas I decided to try a couple of new techniques. One i can't show you until after the person receiving it has seen it. Just in case she reads my blog. The other i will post, but not tell you who it is for. Naughty aren't I?!!



Yesterday i decided to try a new technique. It was written as a bail for making pendants, but I could see applications for beyond bails for the wire wrapping technique they showed. I wanted to make a tree for hanging earrings. So i not only made one, even gave it a little nest complete with eggs.

Upon completing the bottom portion of the tree I discovered looking down at the top of it it looked sort of like a spider web (holding that idea for another day given the spider obsession my daughter has), but also really resembled a bird's nest quite a bit. With a little extra work it looked more like a nest, and a bit more work created some eggs to put in the nest. I love it. I hope you do too.

In case you wondered, the bail portion of the instructions was just for one of the leaves (legs), only doubled over and woven together at one end. I like this a lot, but will also give the pendant bail a shot soon.

I hope you like the face-lift I have given my blog. I figured it was time.

3 comments:

Nancy McCarroll said...

Pretty things! And I do like your new blog look! That fire must be fun to work with; you must never be able to figure out how it will look until the end...what fun!
Merry Christmas, Rita!

Steph said...

Cool tree! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Barrie said...

Merry Christmas my dear friend!!! Hope you're having a wonderful day with your family!! Big hugs to you and yours!! Cheers!