Thursday, August 21, 2008

Another day. Thank God!!!

Well, I don't know what day it is or what month it is, well actually I know it is August, but this week has gotten more nuts with each passing day. I am guessing today might be a little more "normal."

Let me start this story on Tuesday. Everything seemed pretty normal until Tess called to ask me if I would take the girls for a couple of hours so she could take Eric to the ER. His face was hugely swollen and discolored. He has a serious abcessed tooth. I said, of course, and over they came. After a couple of hours I got a call from Tess. They were still waiting to go in, and after another hour or so arrived to pick up the girls and take them home. Athena and Cassie and I played and looked at lots of beads, and beading catalogs, and Cassie crawled all over the house. Normal afternoon up until then. Tess said not only did they not do a whole lot for Eric, but he had a seizure in the middle of Walgreens. He has epilepsy and his poor body seems to conspire to make him pay for some unknown sin from his greatgrandfather or something. He is always embarrassed by public seizures, even though there is nothing he can do about them. Well, Tess called me and said, "Mom can you drive over here and put the car seat in the car, we have to go back to the emergency room." I thought, oh no, Eric must be worse. I asked her if he was okay and she said, "It's not for Eric, it's Cassie. I am covered in her blood." He was back home and recovering from all that, and the girls were playing, when Athena (overzealous in her playing) accidentally hit Cassie's head on the coffee table. She said Eric couldn't see a big wound so he wasn't too worried about it, but of course Tess was covered in her blood and hysterical. By the time I put on my shoes and drove over there Cassie had pretty much calmed down and said, "Hi Grandma, I have an owie on my head." I told her I knew she had an owie, and she was pretty calm until we started driving. Then she said, "I go doctor?" I said yes, and she starting getting wound up. She hates hospitals and doctors since she has spent so much time with them. By the time we got there she had wound back up to full whimper and was feeling very sorry for herself. She was hysterically crying all throught the triage stage, and totally calm by the time she was back to the waiting room, including wearing a wristband I told her was a bracelet. (She loves jewelry so it made the id band okay) She got called in to see the doctor, and of course Grandma got to stay in the waiting room. I couldn't hear her crying, and I guess she did pretty well. The doctor checked her head, they put ice on it, and called her neurosurgeon in Portland to see what he wanted them to do. The wound was really small, but there was a little bump and with her shunt they wanted to be sure there was no intracranial swelling. She was fine, and they got her to sit still by telling her she would get a present if she would let them look. Tess asked her if she wanted a prize and she said, a Prize?? Cassie got a glove blown up to look like a hand, and a cute little teddy bear wearing a purple T-shirt. She was so delighted everyone working in the ER had to go see how cute she was. They finally came out and had to stay until the neurosurgeon called back. She charmed all the people sitting in the waiting room. She crawled all around and entertained everyone, grandma included.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful, and I found out I am being traded to another company with some accounts and equipment. Funny, huh? I feel like a baseball player.


rosebud101 said...

Wow! You need a great big HUG! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

Thanks Mallory!!! ((((Hugs)))) right back to you and Spike!!!