Friday, August 15, 2008


Somehow Fridays aren't such a great thing in my life, however this one started off badly but has gotten better as the day has worn on.

My morning started waaaay too early again. 5:30 again. This time with Dad yelling my name and needing help to get to the bathroom in a hurry. Of course it was just gas so we both went back to bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow Baby was meowing to come in so I got back up and left his escape hatch open so he could go back out when he was done. It took me about ½ hour to get back to sleep, then Baby decided he had to get on the bed and kept pawing my shoulder trying to get me to let him under the covers. Then after another 15 minutes or so he curled up between my legs and went to sleep. I just got back to sleep again and he suddenly jumped up meowed loudly and ran down the hall. I had almost nodded off again and he was back meowing like mad. I told him, “No dammit!!!” He wasn't listening obviously because he left for another few minutes and was back again. I finally gave up and just got up. I found dad had gotten up and was in the living room trying to figure out how to find our usual morning station. (TV remotes confuse him) I think Baby was just trying to ask me if dad was up why wasn't I!! Silly cat.

Then after some breakfast and coffee I had to drive Tess to work and went to buy her some fresh fruit for lunch. On the way back I went to two church rummage sales and bought a couple of things. I found a beautiful Taxco sterling silver bracelet for 10-cents, some Wade animals from England for 10-cents apiece, and a wonderful denim blue really soft leather shoulder bag from Wilson Leather for 50-cents. I am sure the bag cost at least $50 because I have a black one my XBF bought me last year at the Wilson outlet and I know he paid $50 for it. It is barely used and looks like new. I got some cute little elephant figures for Athena. For some reason she has become infatuated with ellies.

I got her Etsy shop started, but need to actually put some merchandise in it. I am going to photo and start listing in a bit. I got her an email address I can check and gave her mom the info for it, too. She is very excited about having her own shop.

I will be back quicker next time. Life barrels along with or without me. So I figured i better play catch up.


rosebud101 said...

I'm so glad you day got better! What great finds at the garage sale. I never find the great things. Either I missed them or I missed them. Hope tomorrow starts out great!

Ramblings of a lunatic mom and lampworker said...

Sorry about the bad start but glad it got better. Just think its weekend. Officially we should enjoy ourselves. LOL