Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Awards



I was nominated for the Brillante Weblog award by my good friend Barrie of Barrie's Jewelry World. Barrie is an amazing jewelry artist. She is both a metalsmith and a flameworker making her own lampwork beads. I can only aspire to be a 10th the artist she is someday. In return I have to write a fabulous acceptance speech, so here goes:

I thank my dad, who gives me the freedom to do whatever my heart desires, just as long as it includes keeping him fed and entertained. I thank all my email pals for the entertainment part of that equation. I thank my pals on Wet Canvas for encouraging me and helping me keep my sanity while those around me are failing to keep theirs. I thank my son for teaching me exactly what it means to love someone and hate their behaviour at the same time. I thank my daughter for being there for me no matter what the insanity of the week happens to be. I thank her for supporting me in all I do, even financially some weeks. I thank my cousin Nick for being my big brother even though I am an only child. I thank my grandgirls for being the light and loves of my life. Without all of the above mentioned this blog would be neither successful, nor necessary.

Now, in return, here is my list of nominees for this award:

1. Luke-a-do
2. Elaine Magliacane Journal
3. Deronda Designs
4. Lavender Cottage
5. Sunrise Sunset
6. Blue Lagoon Blog
7. Andee’s Jewelry Blog

Here are the rules if you’re nominated:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated.
6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking every body’s mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!

Check out my award winning nominees. They just have to follow the instructions to receive their award.

No comments: