Monday, September 15, 2008

Survival

Well, I survived another weekend, and am having a busy day off. Duh, what's new. Today was take Tess to the bank and the dentist day. After dropping her at the dentist I stopped at my office and worked for about 1/2 hour finishing up a couple of things that came in late yesterday. Then ran and picked up MY paycheck, and by the time I was pulling away I had a text message telling me Tess was done and ready to be picked up. It took them less than an hour and they remembered (after her work was done) that they had given her an anti-anxiety drug before her last appointment. So she now has a prescription to use for her next one. They wondered why she was so upset. Duh!!! She is just about as excited at going to the dentist as I am.

Tess is home from the dental wars, they only pulled three teeth, excessive blood loss prevented the fourth being pulled, and they will go at it again in three weeks. She was very entertaining, if hard to understand to take to the pharmacy.

Then we stopped to pick up Chinese food on the way home. She said if she was only going to eat one thing in the next couple of days she wanted it to be egg foo yung. She said she probably wouldn't be able to eat after the numb wore off. Her eye to her jaw was numb on one side, and she looked like she had suffered a stroke. Very lopsided. She said she felt that way, too, since she couldn't feel her eye, nose or swallow. She is home tucked into bed now. Whew!!! Glad that is over for the next couple of weeks.

Hoping for a restful afternoon, and productive evening. I have so many projects lined up that need my attention I could stay busy 24/7 for the next year or two.

I have awesome news, I have sold my old mobile home. I had lived there for over 16 years when I had to move in with my dad last year. I really hated leaving it. It was the longest I had ever lived in one place in my entire life. It wasn't the home I hated leaving so much, it was the idea of being in one place. Of not having to pack and move, again. I am hoping I will get to stay here for a long, long time. Maybe some day Tess, Eric and the kids and I will be able to buy a big piece of property with room for all of us. I don't want to share their home, but it would be nice to be nearby like we are here. I love seeing my grandgirls so often, and being able to babysit, and hang out with Tess so often. It enhances both of our lives. And it makes it easier to care for dad, too.

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Rita, I don't know how you do it! You are an awesome woman!