Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday night flight of fancy


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways . . . this could apply to a lover, but how about applying it to a fabulous new piece of equipment? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new direct printer in our shop. It makes the most wonderful printing directly on shirts, fabrics, possibly even on coasters, and other things which are flat enough to go in. What goes in, comes out with amazing speed and perfection, but must be able to withstand 30 seconds of 365 degrees farenheit temperature. The picture in this column is from a sweatshirt we did yesterday as a test. It is a collage of local photos I gleaned from my friends' website, Oregon Coast Today, a local newspaper featuring entertainment options. He said we could use any of his photos we wanted, and I did. I turned several of them into a work of art, if I do say so myself. I want one of the shirts to send to my cousin in New York. I think he would appreciate it, and it might make him want to come visit a little sooner. Hee-hee. Tomorrow I am going to start trying to find more cool photos and other images we can put on things. This could very well be addictive. I want to put some of my paintings on shirts and bags, too!! Fun, fun, fun. More sooner.

No comments: