Sunday, June 22, 2008

Surviving

Some days are so perfect you just know they were specially made for you. Yesterday was not one of them. I was very nearly late to work because my dad needed help about 30 seconds before I was leaving to go to work, which put me behind by at least 5 minutes. The day at work was fine, busy, and somewhat painful. Any day I am on my feet most of the day takes a huge toll on my back. Then last night dad made at least four trips to the bathroom, which I have to help with between 8 and 10 pm. Needless to say (but I am saying it anyway) I was tired, sore, and cranky by the time I went to bed.

Add to yesterday, this morning. (Have I mentioned how much I hate mornings?) I was awakened from a deep sleep, on the one morning I try to sleep in, by an incessant beeping. Somehow dad had turned the alarm on his clock on AGAIN!!! It is such a high-pitched beep he can't hear it, but believe me it is irritating. It starts with a little slow beep, increasing in intensity and frequency the longer it beeps. I HATE IT!!! Oh well, I had to get up sometime, right?!!

Hoping for a "normal" Sunday at work. I will try to be in a better mood by the time I get customers. Oh, and dad is back in the bathroom again. Anyone who knows us knows what that means. I am not excited, but I am surviving.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Hi Rita !
I hope the rest of the day went smooth ! Take care !

Anonymous said...

Hello Rita, love your business cards, sure do miss all my buds at WC.

Barrie said...

Hey Sugarplum!! I miss WC too!!! Sounds like you had a great day at the store on Sunday - hope the rest of the week goes well!! Got your blog bookmarked now - I can finally keep up! :) Cheers!