Saturday, January 12, 2008

Friday, Jan. 12

Well, I fell asleep last night and didn't get this posted, so here goes.

It was a pretty uneventful day until I got home. I went to my mailbox and discovered a nice package from a friend in Texas. She had sent me the most amazing assortment of her handmade lampwork beads, in a variety of colors, shapes and styles. I was totally blown away by her generosity and fell asleep in front of the TV with the bag clutched to my chest. Reminded me of my granddaughter clutching her pretty pink princess dress to her chest throughout Costco while we were shopping.

Dad is doing okay, a little tired and itchy. I am still trying to recover from having driven for five hours on Wednesday. Cassie still has a bad cough, no sniffles, or fever thank God. The rest of the family is fine.

Went and paid first month of a new storage unit to put my stuff in. My son is moving into my old place, and he is going to put the rest of my stuff in storage for me. What a nightmare. The best thing is, the storage unit is within 6 blocks of me so I will be able to pop in for an hour or two several times a week and get this crap sorted threw so I can sell off what I don't intend to keep. He and his wife are very excited about having their own place, so it is a big relief to me. I think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully today will be a busier day at work than it has been for a few. This time of year is always down, but it has been really bad. Weather is a little better today so it might help. There was actually a tornado about 100 miles from here a couple days ago. Amazing!!! Glad it wasn't here, much as I feel sorry for the people where it was.

I will make an attempt at another report later.

No comments: