Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday wonders

Wednesday morning, after the night of a big meeting. My brain is still muddled and full of ideas dancing around. It was the monthly meeting of the Artists' Studio Association, I had to run the meeting, the president was ill. The meeting is due to start at 6 p.m. with a potluck. My last customer came in 5 minutes before closing time and left at 2 minutes before 6. Then I have to do the paperwork to close up shop. Needless to say the potluck was well underway by the time I got there. The meeting was an exercise in frustration. It was good, and we got a lot accomplished, but I know nothing about Roberts Rules and didn't really care. Our new (since we kind of insisted she take the job) Sergeant at Arms kept it pretty well on track and we actually kept the members kind of on task. One member, who will remain nameless, kept interrupting after every comment. I might have to kill her before the next meeting. I finally banged on the table and said, "You are out of order!" I don't know if that finally got through to her, but I don't think it hurt. She makes me crazy, and extends the length of the meeting by at least double.

Today I am running away from home for a few hours. My daughter, Tess, my granddaughter, Athena, and I are going to Newport for a few hours of fun and play time. I can't wait. We leave in about 15 minutes, so I suppose I better get dressed and get ready to go. Hopefully I will have more to report later.

TTFN

No comments: