Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Morning blahs

I guess I shouldn't have complained about the weather. I am beginning to think we will have some of everything before the next week is up. We have had sunshine, rain, frozen steps following wet nights, hail, snow mixed with rain, sleet, and now . . . they claim an arctic front is moving in. Wonderful!! NOT. I hate cold weather. It causes me to ache from head to toe, and I just don't like to be cold. But then, I don't like to be too hot, either. I guess that is why I love the central Oregon coast. It is moderate. There hasn't been a whole lot of moderation in the weather this year, though. Horrendous wind, torrential rains, now a cold snap. Well, all righty then. We shall deal with it in the way normal Oregonians do. Go back to bed. Snuggle up with a warm cat and a good book and read our way through the rest of winter.

Yesterday was a good day at work, considering the cold and damp. It was busy enough to keep me going, but cold enough to make me wish for my warm home. I actually slept well last night, got about 8 hours of sleep for once. I might have a good day based on that alone!! My cousin is in ICU again, for not taking his meds. I don't know why he does this. It always seems to happen in the winter time. He just stop taking them and stops checking his blood sugar, goes into congestive heart failure again and ends up in the hospital with me yelling at him. He always says, "I don't know." When asked why he stopped taking his meds. I guess his brother, who lives with him, is going to have to monitor his meds from now on and make him take them whether he wants to or not. I asked him if he was trying to kill himself and he said NO. As if I was evil for asking him. It makes me so mad at him. He is like a big brother to me and it hurts me when he tries to hurt himself.

Well, I guess I better get dressed. Tess will be here soon and off to work we will go.

Another day, another 49 cents.

No comments: