Friday, January 25, 2008

I love Etsy,com

The following are a few of the reasons I love Etsy, some of the others are found in my shop on Etsy, Cassandradesigns.etsy.com
I have yet to make my first sale, but haven't been listing for very long and am just trying to build up my inventory. I love making jewelry and have no plans to stop. I am also going to post some of my paintings, but think I should post them in a seperate shop perhaps to keep from confusing my customers. Will have to think about it for a while.

I had an interesting day at work, not too many customers, but busy. Tomorrow will be busy, too. I have several computer "projects" lined up, and get to play in the antques again. I have a pile of stuff to get priced and put out. But first I have to continue transferring stuff from the Mac to the PC. Oh, joy. The mac is so old it doesn't have USB ports, so I can't use my Jump drive to transfer data, have to use the lovely old zip drive which only holds 100 megs. I can't believe I once thought that was a lot of space. LOL. My friends stopped by and made me smile. I hope he got to grin along with me.

I found a great little gift I had bought for Tess on Etsy when I checked my mail today. It is a Snape, "Devoted to the Potions Master" pendant. She is so much a Snape fan. For those of you who are not "Harry Potter-philes" I am sorry. You are deprived. I was hooked on the first book, and have read them all and seen the movies multiple times. I love the books and wish the movies could show all the things I miss when viewing them. There is no way to explain it to those of you who are not readers. There is magic in the pages, and somehow bits of it get lost in the translation. Not to mention each book would be several days worth of movie if done line for line. There are just many unanswered questions in the movie versions if you have not read the books. And if you have read the books many of your favorite parts are just missing. Many of the visual effects are spot on, and some even better than your imagination. But many are totally lacking. If you haven't read the books and don't intend to, and you enjoy action adventure stories, you really ought to grab a "Potter-phile" and watch the movies. There may be unanswered questions, so you really need someone with the answers.
I am in the midst of painting a friend's cat. No, I haven't started painting on cats, just another forray into the world of art. I think this is the seventh cat I have painted. When it is finished I will post a picture. It should be ready for public consumption next week some time.
Well, I am out of here for tonight, will try to add more tomorrow night. Sleep well!!

No comments: